Classification of Electronic Cigarettes
Electronic cigarettes may be classified as APVs, regular sized and mid-sized. Each class has its own merits and demerits.
Regular sized e-cigarettes:
This kind of e-cigarettes are usually adored by the first time users or those users who used to smoke traditional cigarettes but are now making a first time switch to e-cigarettes. Regular sized e-cigarette models are also called minis and they look very similar to the traditional tobacco cigarettes. As a matter of fact one may not be able to differentiate between a regular sized e-cigarette and a traditional tobacco cigarette from a distance. Regular sized e-cigarettes have got thousands and thousands of brand names but the same model and parts from one brand will fit well with parts of another brand.
Minis or regular sized e-cigarettes are known as 1st generation e-cigarette models since they were invented before the other models. When they were first invented, these e-cigarette models had 3 components which are a rechargeable battery, an atomizer and a battery; all of which move e-cigarette reviews cover. However, the models have since changed and instead of the traditional 3 part system the contemporary models now have a 2 part system that comprises of a rechargeable battery and a cartomizer. The only difference is that a cartomizer merges the cartridge and the atomizer into one component. It is advisable to choose a regular sized e-cigarette that has a different color than a traditional tobacco cigarette. This is because people who are close to you might mistake you to be a tobacco smoker.
Some of the merits of a mini/ regular sized e-cigarette include (as seen in the V2 e cigs review):
- Automatic as well as manual models available
- Offers an easier way to begin e-cigarette smoking
- Re-usable parts
- Perfect for occasional as well as light smokers
- Looks more or less like an ordinary tobacco cigarette.
The demerits of a regular sized e-cigarette include:
- May not be satisfying for heavy smokers
- Poor refilling can easily destroy the batteries
- Most batteries can barely last for more than 2 hours
Mid sized e-cigarettes are very popular and highly rated because they tend to suit many vapers. Some of the common names for this type of e- cigarette include eGo, Tornado and kGo among others. Mid size- e cigarettes are almost as big as traditional cigars. They are second generation models with a larger rechargeable battery of no less than 650mAh. As a result, their batteries can last longer and they are also able to produce more vapor compared to minis. Indeed, the mid sized e-cigarette is the ultimate bench mark model meaning that the measurement and values of all other e- cigarettes are based on it since it is standardized in all respects. Save money on these e cigs by using things like the Green Smoke discount code – no reason not to save more money.
Some of the merits of a mid sized e-cigarette include the following:
- Pretty affordable
- Long lasting battery
- Top rated as it suits most vapists than any other e-cigarette type.
- Its performance is generally double that of a mini
- Looks more or less similar to a cigar.
The demerits of a mid sized e-cigarette include:
- They are more or less manual
- Beginners may find them too large hence uncomfortable
- Starters may find it a bit expensive.
“APVs” is short for “advanced personal vaporizers” or ‘mods’. These are e-cigarettes designed to provide satisfaction to customers who desire ultimate performance from an e-cigarette. This model deploys generic batteries that are user- replaceable. An APV can either be tubular shaped or box shaped. They could also be electronic, mechanical or basic electrical. An interesting thing about APVs is that newcomers do not love them because of their big size and peculiar look. Most APVs have long lasting 3.7 volts lithium batteries that are rechargeable. As a result of their large batteries they offer much better performance that the mid-size and mini e-cigarettes. They also have some outstanding features like digital readout and integral liquid feed.
The main merits of APVs include;
- Base units that can last forever
- Advanced functionalities that are particularly adorable by experienced e-smokers.
- Solidly constructed as well batteries with long life hat can last even for days.
- Highly reliable than any other kind of e-cigarette.
- All APVs are manual based and this suits experienced smokers perfectly
The demerits of APVs include:
- All the APV models are manual and that is a huge drawback for many new comers although it’s a great advantage for e-cigarette smokers that are highly experienced.
- Can be quite expensive with base units that can cost up to USD 200.
- A lot of care has to be taken in charging the lithium batteries since they are quite sensitive.